Friday, September 7, 2012

Stephen Bartram 1751-1821

In my last post I mentioned Stephen Bartram. He is my 5th Great Grandfather. Stephen is a bit of a mystery as it continues to be hard to find actual documentation to prove some of the facts in his life that are listed in stories and books. According to one book, he was to have served under George Washington, which would be great for me as I could then apply for a supplement for my DAR, but that is another story. However, I struggle to find him in any revolutionary documents. The search will continue!

Here are some facts about my Bartram line:

Stephen's son John P. Bartram 1784-1845 is my 4th Great Grandfather, his daughter Nancy Jane Bartram 1804-1875 is my 3rd Great Grandmother and that is where the Bartram line ends for me. All my Bartrams lived in Virginia although Nancy Jane died in Cattlesburg KY. She was living with one of her sons, not my direct ancestor.

Nancy married Edward Adkins 1803-1833 and their daughter Mary Elizabeth Adkins 1829-1833 married my second Great Grandfather Thomas J. Stephens. This group lived in Wayne County West Virginia area.

No comments:

Post a Comment