Friday, January 4, 2013

Family Recipe Friday - Coffee Cake

It's interesting that this was one of the topics on Geneabloggers today as I was thinking about getting my rear in gear and writing this blog again and about my Grandmothers coffee cake.

As a little girl, my family would trek out to Deshler, Ohio to the farm where my Grandmother grew up. One of her sisters still lived there and she still made that delicious coffee cake when we visited. I remember it so well, the long strips of warm bread, cinnamon, sugar, butter what could be better? No I realize it was just a huge cookie sheet size of cinnamon toast.

When I got my hands on the written recipe it said "box of bread mix, bake, cover with sugar, cinnamon and butter". So apparently this side of the family had better things to do than bake. It was still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment