Monday, January 7, 2013

Motivational Monday - Listen and Learn

One of my many goals this year is to learn more regarding genealogy. Attend more lectures and conferences and really know how to do good research.

The first meeting of the Florida Genealogy Society (Tampa) was fantastic. I started off in the computer lab with a mini session led by the very knowledgeable Pam from Technology Tamers  We learned the many ways to put watermarks on photos and documents. After that the main speaker at the meeting was Sharon Tate Moody, CGSM who spoke on "If Living Were A Crime: Evidence Your Ancestor Left at the Scene". This was a fantastic lecture and if you ever get the chance to hear her speak you should jump on it!

In all it inspired me to dig deep and look at some crazy places I never would have thought to look for evidence that my relatives were alive and connected.

2 comments:

  1. Those classes sound great. I wish I could attend a few seminars such as these in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, sounds like you are motivated to go & find new information! Classes sound like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete